Skip to main content

Happiness Comes From Within, Not "When"

Happiness. Where does it come from? Some people would say this, actually very many people have said this. "I will be happy when..." I'm pretty sure almost everyone has said that in some shape or form. The issue with only being happy when you get something or get to certain part in life, is that you will never be happy.

Being happy in the here and now is one of the most important things that you can do for yourself, especially to help you along through your trials. I remember when I was expecting Mason, that I would wish for things. I would always think to myself that once my boyfriend talked to me again, I would be happy. And the hardest part was, realizing that, him talking to me wasn't going to make me happy.

It bothers me when people live their lives in the future, because you can't. We are right now, in this day and age, here, not there. Hoping is not a bad thing, but hoping for happiness that is based on the outcomes of other things is, in my opinion. As an individual you have full control over your attitude and how you feel. Even if the most terrible life trial is thrown at you, you can still choose to be happy.

In the hospital, one of the nurses that took care of me halfway through the night spent some time talking to me. She shared some of her personal experiences and how she was blessed with having a child after several miscarriages. I asked her how she could keep going through the same process over again so many times. She simply replied, because even though it hurt and it was hard, I knew that I could have a child one day. She said she chose to be happy, even when it was unbearable to be.

People who are amazing examples of warriors are ones I look up to. The ones who choose to be optimistic are certainly enjoyable to know. I've heard the scary adoption stories, and I heard that there were birth mothers who stopped getting updates from their birth child's adoptive parents. I knew that Mason's parent were the parents for him, and I will be happy with my decision for the rest of my life. Even if something goes wrong in the future, not expecting that it will, I myself can still be happy.

There are two types of belief of things, which are true but not seen. Fear. And Faith. There's and endless list to fears, and also an endless list to have faith. There are pro's and con's to everything.

Everything is a matter of perspective, even though the blessings sometimes are hard to see, it's important to be happy and grateful for every experience that comes your way. Sometimes all we need to do is open up and take the blinders off our eyes to see the beauty all around us.



Comments

  1. I needed to hear this tonight. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Chose Open Adoption for My Baby: Written for AmericaAdopts.com

This guest post is by Makena, a birthmother. As a high school student and one of a handful of birth mothers in Idaho with an open adoption, explaining my situation to friends and acquaintances is complicated. How many high school girls know what a birth mother is? Not enough, to be honest. For many people, open adoption is a scary concept because it’s new and a different type of adoption than they’re used to. So why did I choose to place my son in an open adoption? The real question is how could I not have placed him? If I were parenting him right now, this is how it would be: I would go to school during the day and work in the evenings. Mason would be in daycare all day. We would be barely financially stable. Mason doesn’t sleep at night so I wouldn’t get any sleep either. I wouldn’t be able to give him nice toys, clothes, or be able to snuggle with him like children need, and he would have no father figure at home. Placing Mason in a financially stable home with a mother who would sp…

Mason Turns One

I am so blessed to have the open adoption that I do. Being able to see and spend time with Mason and his family is one of the greatest joy's I've ever experienced. Mason is one, time flies by. He can walk and yell, he loves to walk around with both of his arms in the arm like some macho man. I got him a TonkaTruck for his birthday.

He rams into everything and anyone in the way, he also loves to be pushed in it by his sister Amelia. I spent the first day in Utah at Mason's adoptive dad's family reunion. The next day we celebrated Mason's birthday. And the day after I got to just hangout and spend time with them. Friday I took my senior pictures, Mason is in them! Pretty cool to have adoption bless my life.

Update: Past 2 years!

Well it has been a long time since I updated this blog! We are now in the year 2017, and my little Mason Scott will be 3 this summer. Also, I will be getting married in August!

First things first, Mason Scott can talk, walk, run, swim, and climb. He knows who I am, and it's beyond words to say the least. The last time I saw little man was back in December of 2016, it's been awhile since then but I still get updates and all. I've been busy with attending college to get my Marketing degree!

The coolest part about adoption today for me is being able to hear Mason talk fluently. It's crazy to think that it felt like just yesterday when he was an infant. Adoption is amazing, it's not perfect but it is amazing.

I graduated from High School a year ago, and wow that's crazy to look back on. They say when you graduate that everything changes, but to be honest nothing exciting happened except for the fact I didn't have to go to school the next day.

I became single ba…