Skip to main content

Mason Scott's Open Adoption and Placement



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Chose Open Adoption for My Baby: Written for AmericaAdopts.com

This guest post is by Makena, a birthmother. As a high school student and one of a handful of birth mothers in Idaho with an open adoption, explaining my situation to friends and acquaintances is complicated. How many high school girls know what a birth mother is? Not enough, to be honest. For many people, open adoption is a scary concept because it’s new and a different type of adoption than they’re used to. So why did I choose to place my son in an open adoption? The real question is how could I not have placed him? If I were parenting him right now, this is how it would be: I would go to school during the day and work in the evenings. Mason would be in daycare all day. We would be barely financially stable. Mason doesn’t sleep at night so I wouldn’t get any sleep either. I wouldn’t be able to give him nice toys, clothes, or be able to snuggle with him like children need, and he would have no father figure at home. Placing Mason in a financially stable home with a mother who would sp…

Mason Turns One

I am so blessed to have the open adoption that I do. Being able to see and spend time with Mason and his family is one of the greatest joy's I've ever experienced. Mason is one, time flies by. He can walk and yell, he loves to walk around with both of his arms in the arm like some macho man. I got him a TonkaTruck for his birthday.

He rams into everything and anyone in the way, he also loves to be pushed in it by his sister Amelia. I spent the first day in Utah at Mason's adoptive dad's family reunion. The next day we celebrated Mason's birthday. And the day after I got to just hangout and spend time with them. Friday I took my senior pictures, Mason is in them! Pretty cool to have adoption bless my life.

Update: Past 2 years!

Well it has been a long time since I updated this blog! We are now in the year 2017, and my little Mason Scott will be 3 this summer. Also, I will be getting married in August!

First things first, Mason Scott can talk, walk, run, swim, and climb. He knows who I am, and it's beyond words to say the least. The last time I saw little man was back in December of 2016, it's been awhile since then but I still get updates and all. I've been busy with attending college to get my Marketing degree!

The coolest part about adoption today for me is being able to hear Mason talk fluently. It's crazy to think that it felt like just yesterday when he was an infant. Adoption is amazing, it's not perfect but it is amazing.

I graduated from High School a year ago, and wow that's crazy to look back on. They say when you graduate that everything changes, but to be honest nothing exciting happened except for the fact I didn't have to go to school the next day.

I became single ba…